The College Of Teachers

The College of Teachers supports the teaching profession through networks of Membership and qualifications both in the UK and worldwide and aims to be at the forefront of continuing professional development and promoting the teaching profession. The College was established as the College of Preceptors in 1849 by the granting of Royal Charter of Incorporation by Queen Victoria.

The name was changed to The College of Teachers in 1998 by Supplemental Charter. The College of Teachers' Council members are its trustees who are elected from within the Membership. They play a crucial role in developing and supporting effective relationships within the education community and beyond.