Originally located in Douai, France, and intended as a seminary to train priests, it also became a Catholic school for boys. During the French Revolution, the College transferred to England and found its present home on the beautiful site of Old Hall Green in 1793. In 1874, during the Presidency of Monsignor James Patterson, the junior boys were separated from the rest of the College into Saint Hugh's Preparatory School, (now St Edmund's Prep) in a house originally built by Pugin for the Oxford convert WG Ward. In 1893, his son, Bernard Ward, was appointed President of the College and he started a scheme of rebuilding and improvements. The College continued as a boys' school and seminary until 1975, around the same time as girls from the adjacent Poles Convent were first admitted into the Sixth Form. The College became fully co-educational in 1986.
Reviews and Ratings
We do not have any reviews about St Edmund's College available right now.